101 Trout Tips
Every fly-fishing problem has a solution. This collection of advice from veteran instructor Landon Mayer helps you analyze your past mistakes and learn how to adapt to a wide range of fishing conditions.
- Unorthodox solutions for common fly-fishing problems
- Covers everything from fly selection and rigging to landing fish
- Features 250 color photos to illustrate proper techniques
- Sight Fishing for Trout: Sight-fishing expert Landon Mayer teaches you what you need to know to spot the trout before you cast-because if you can see a trout, you are more likely to catch that trout. In this comprehensive book on the tricks and skills anglers need to master, Mayer reveals his knowledge of trout and trout water, learned through years of fishing and guiding on prime trout waters.
- Hunting trout with lightweight fishing equipment is what Landon does best. With detailed instructions on how to cast into tricky spots, how to present the fly whatever the conditions, and how to read the rise, he gives you the extra edge to find and catch more and larger fish. He tells you where to look for the trout, how to rig your line, how to retrieve the fish when you get a strike, and how to use the buddy system for a more productive day on the water. Sight fishing is intriguing, fun, addictive, and best of all, it gets results-more and bigger trout.